What a Mess

What a mess. The pictures below are what I have been dealing with since I arrived home last night at 7pm. It all started with the power being out on Sunday so I took a half day and went into work at 1 on Monday, now I wish I would of just taken the whole day off, I ran a couple places after work, got home, it was dark. As I walked up to the back door I could hear it, water gushing, somethig I never wanted to hear. I opened the door and there it was, a waterfall from the celing, all over my nice hardwood floor. Poor Britney was stuck on a random dry spot, Duke was freaking out i his cage not knowing what was going on. Luckily the water was not pouring on him. I ran downstairs trying to shut off the water and calling Justin, and bawling!! He got home right away and we have been dealing with it ever since! We got part of the pipe fixed last night, but had no water until about noon today. Then the insurance people came to suck the water up and left the dryers.
Lets not forget that we are supposed to be having Christmas Eve here...TOMORROW!
Gosh, everthing was soaking wet, the water went all the way to the basement so everything wet down there too. In one way we are lucky it didnt really get any furniture wet,just the part that is standing on the floor, so we mostly need drywall and celing repair, that means I will have to paint again, wanted to repaint the basement anyway!
So for now I have all the dryers going and 2 big holes in my livingroom/kitchen celing!







No comments: